Monday, January 31, 2011

not quite

I haven't been true to my pledge.

You see, I'm out of the house for more than 12 hours and I really love Sundays because it's the one of the only days I eat at home. Home-cooked food will always be the best and it does not just satisfy my appetite, but also the heart (especially when we're complete).
the DYNAMITE lumpias

Lunch
N pieces of "Inihaw na baboy" (Grilled salted pork)
A scoop of Ensalada
1/2 cup of rice...okay fine...1 cup of rice

...

We weren't complete during dinner but the food served deserved better. This should be the meal we are having when everyone's around but Sunday dinners together are rare because Gino and Maegan are part of the church choir and their mass is at 7pm. Mama, Papa, Garrett and I prefer going to mass at an earlier hour so we'd have the time to do our own thing before hitting the sack and before Monday starts. 

Dinner
1 pc of ribs (my brother's recipe)
N number of baby potatoes 

I got from my office mate, Macky, the idea of replacing white rice with baby potatoes. These are  marinated in olive oil, seasoned with garlic and pepper, then baked to perfection.  

the baked baby potatoes. I bring to work the excess and i still have 2 plastics of these.

This photo does not give the ribs justice because it is the best ribs ever!
I just hope that every Sunday won't be as sinful as today. 



A bright week ahead!

au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment